• (713) 495-2560


Property Excess Proceeds Recovery

If you owned a home that went through a foreclosure in Texas due to delinquent property taxes, you may have “Excess Proceeds” in a Texas County Court that you are entitled to claim.


 is based in Houston, Texas and its attorneys are licensed in the State of Texas. You can come and visit us in our office at 9800 Centre Parkway, Suite 210, Houston, TX 77036 or  Contact Us. The Law Office of Victor D. Walker, P.C. offer free consultations for excess proceeds clients.

Why Use The Law Office of Victor D. Walker, P.C.?

We are trained lawyers with over 20 years of experience and a proven track record for recovering money held by Texas court systems.

We know and understand the entire court procedure and process, including the best ways to draft all required documents, what exhibits to include to avoid being turned down by the judge and exactly what to say and present to the court for a successful recovery hearing.

Unsuccessful property owners who watch and hear our attorneys successfully present and win recoveries for our clients often ask our law firm to take over their case for them.

We are thorough and make sure we understand each clients’ property situation, as well as, determine and know all family members who are entitled to excess proceed payments.​

We believe in communication and expect for you to ask questions. For your convenience, we respond to all telephone calls and emails and you can call us at any time to get the status of your case.​

You do not have to appear in court, we do all the work, we keep you aware of our progress and we send you a bank cashier’s check from our law firm trust account once the judge signs our court order and releases funds for you.

Most importantly, we do not charge upfront fees to legally represent you and recovery your money. We are paid on a contingency basis as a percentage of the amount we recover for you. If for any reason, we are unsuccessful (which we do not expect) in recovering your money, we do not get paid.

Please explore The Law Office of Victor D. Walker, P.C. website for more information, Or​

give us a call for a free telephone consultation and receive an information packet regarding the excess proceeds recovery process.

Frequently Asked Questions

When a property goes through foreclosure (Sheriff/ConstableSale) in Texas, if the bid at the foreclosure sale is more than the amount necessary to pay the debt on the property, the extra money is deposited into the registry of the county court system These funds are referred to as “Property Excess Proceeds.”

The Texas Property Tax Code §34.04 (c) law sets forth the priority for who is entitled to the money. In general, the statutory scheme provides that the money goes first to each taxing unit for any taxes, then any lienholder for any unpaid indebtedness, then to each owner of the property in proportion to his/her interest.

Each county court is different. Some courts may require that we file for recovery of excess proceeds and provide notice on all parties that are listed on the Judgment which caused the foreclosure at least 60 days before the hearing date and take another 30-60 days for the court, auditor and treasurer departments to release checks to the property owners.  Other County Courts may accept applications to recover excess proceeds without an oral hearing and release payment for the benefit of the former property owners in less than 60 days. Our experience has shown that less populated counties tend to process court orders for excess proceed payments quicker than more populated counties.

Contact Us

Working hours

Monday- Friday: 8:30 AM -5:30 PM

We are here


Please explore The Law Office of Victor D. Walker, P.Cwebsite For More Information or give us a call for a free telephone consultation and receive an information packet regarding the excess proceeds recovery process.

Disclaimer: The information in this web site is not intended to constitute legal advice or to create an attorney-client relationship. The information, documents or forms provided herein is intended for general information purposes only and must not be regarded as legal advice.

All Rights Reserved